Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Answers — Why Do I Need a Workman Comp Attorney?
Pennsylvania Job Injury Attorney With More Than 28 years of Experience
Workers who have been hurt on the job often ask: “Why hire a lawyer when it is my right to have workers’ compensation benefits?”
If only it were that easy. Many injured workers mistakenly believe that the workers’ compensation claims adjuster or the rehabilitation nurse is on their side. Nothing could be further from the truth. They often try to force you back to work before you are physically ready. They regularly deny necessary medical treatment or diagnostic tests such as MRIs or EMGs that your family doctor has prescribed.
By law your employer does not even need to tell you your rights regarding workers’ compensation.
Get the Medical Care and the Wage Loss Income You Need
Richard Jaffe is a workers’ compensation lawyer with a proven track record in fighting for the rights of injured workers. He can:
- Provide you with the help you need to get medical care and the financial benefits that cover the time you are out of work
- Help make sure that you have the time you need to recover your health or reclaim your job
- Help you take steps toward recovery on your own terms and in the timeframe that suits you the best
- File claim petitions on your behalf or defend against petitions filed by your employer to ensure that you do not lose your benefits
- Knowledgeably appeal denied claims or defend against claim petitions
- Negotiate a lump sum settlement leveraging all he knows about the law and about your situation to seek the best settlement possible.
Mistakes Employers Make Cost You
The employers and their workers’ compensation carriers often make mistakes when they are calculating your wages so that you do not receive the appropriate amount of compensation. Mr. Jaffe can help identify those mistakes and calculate your actual compensation from the gross wages of all sources of employment. This includes wages from a second job, too.
Get Answers — Talk to a Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Mr. Jaffe has spent most of his career fighting for the rights of injured workers. He genuinely cares about each client and his or her situation. He is committed to seeing his clients regain control on their lives and reclaim their jobs in a way that is right for them.
Call 215-268-5740 or 866-823-6556 to schedule a free initial consultation. Mr. Jaffe will answer all of your questions and support you through this difficult time.