Preparing for a Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Hearing
Attorney Richard A. Jaffe Will Guide You Through the Process
If you're an injured worker facing a denied Workers' Compensation claim, your workers' compensation carrier is trying to reduce or stop your checks, or you are involved in a dispute with your employer or insurance company, chances are you will have to attend a workers' compensation hearing. While preparing for a hearing may seem difficult and confusing, you don't have to be on your own. The Law Offices of Richard A. Jaffe, LLC understands the appeals process and works tirelessly on behalf of Workers' Compensation claimants throughout Pennsylvania.
How can a workers' compensation lawyer prepare you for your hearing?
- Make sure your claim is filled out correctly.
- Research your case and consult the appropriate medical experts to determine the true long-term cost of your injuries.
- Attend Pre-Trial Conferences with the Workers' Compensation Judge and Defense Attorney to discuss the basic facts of your case and explain the issues an injury victim may face.
- Engage in the discovery process, including interviewing witnesses and collecting information related to your case as well as tirelessly researching legal precedent and medical conditions and testing.
- Present evidence and fact witnesses at your Workers' Compensation Hearing.
- Take Trial Depositions of your Treating doctor(s) and the Defendant's IME doctor.
- Negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf that provides benefits for lost wages and medical expenses.
What to Do after Your Workers' Compensation Hearing
If you disagree with the decision made at your hearing, several legal options are available. You may be able to appeal the decision to the Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation Appeal Board. Further appeals allow your case to be heard before the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania and, if accepted, to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. But without an experienced Philadelphia Workers' Compensation attorney on your side, you may find it's your word against the word of the doctor, insurance adjuster and even your own employer.
The Law Offices of Richard A. Jaffe, LLC prepares every case as if it will go to trial. That's because we know that some cases can spiral into complex disputes. With so much at stake, it's critical to have a lawyer who is ready to file your Claim Petition or Defend against the Petitions filed by the Workers' Compensation carrier, and aggressively fight for your rights in Court. Richard A. Jaffe knows how devastating an on-the-job injury can be for you and your loved ones. Medical bills can add up quickly. You may be worried about your paycheck. Don't deal with the Workers' Compensation insurance company and your employer on your own. Contact us. Call 866-800-3332 for a free case evaluation.